Taking a Sustainable and Holistic Approach to Water Resources Management
Furthermore, there is not one correct administrative model. The art of IWRM lies in selecting, adjusting and applying the right mix of these tools for a given situation. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Categories : Water resources management Water industry Sanitation.
Namespaces Article Talk. Views Read Edit View history. Operationally, IWRM approaches involve applying knowledge from various disciplines as well as the insights from diverse stakeholders to devise and implement efficient, equitable and sustainable solutions to water and development problems.
- United States of Japan!
- The Public Eye: Ideology and the Police Procedural.
- The Physics and Chemistry of Low Dimensional Solids: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute held at Tomar, Potugal, August 26 - September 7,1979!
- Particle Size Analysis In Pharmaceutics And Other Industries: Theory and Practice (Prentice Hall International Series in Computer Science);
- Cases from Africa, Asia, Australia, Latin America and USA?
- What Can Parents Do: New Insights into the Role of Parents in Adolescent Problem Behavior (Hot Topics in Developmental Reserrch - A Series of Three Edited Volumes)?
- Systemtheoretische Grundlagen optoelektronischer Sensoren?
As such, IWRM is a comprehensive, participatory planning and implementation tool for managing and developing water resources in a way that balances social and economic needs, and that ensures the protection of ecosystems for future generations. An IWRM approach is consequently cross-sectoral, aiming to be an open, flexible process, and bringing all stakeholders to the table to set policy and make sound, balanced decisions in response to specific water challenges faced.
- About IWRM - GWP!
- Staff Publications?
- Fish: An Enthusiasts Guide.
- Recommended for you.
An IWRM approach focuses on three basics and aims at avoiding a fragmented approach of water resources management by considering the following aspects:. Some of the cross-cutting conditions that are also important to consider when implementing IWRM are:. IWRM should be viewed as a process rather than a one-shot approach - one that is long-term and iterative rather than linear in nature.
It emphasises that the relative water scarcity needs to be appreciated, and argues that water scarcity means different things for diverse constituencies of water users. Policy prescriptions based on definitional premises will be flawed, as a misrepresentation of drought as merely water scarcity serves a political agenda.
This book is broadly divided into three major sections: the thematic section, country overviews, and case studies. Through these, it attempts to: - Understand the concept of drought. Comprehensive, thought-provoking, informative, and featuring new research data, this collection will provide policy makers and professionals with the opportunity to discuss and debate policies for sustainable livelihood support systems and drought management.
Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics.